Dear Friends and Colleagues of SIP
Welcome to the webpage of the Central Office of the Interamerican Society of Psychology. In this section you will find all information related to the administration of the organization. The Central Office is located in San Juan, Puerto Rico. From there, we manage all matters having to do with the membership, with the Board of Directors, work groups and General Secretary. The Central Office is managed by a General Secretary, who is appointed by the President of SIP, with a part-time assistant to help with administrative tasks.
Membership in SIP covers one calendar year (from January through December). You can renew your membership for a period one or two years, with the exception of student memberships, which expire annually.
The period of renewal begins in October of each year, even though you can make payment for dues at any time of the year. The membership payments received between January and June of each year are applied to the actual year in which payments are made. The payments received after the beginning July are applied to the succeeding year—in which case the benefits of membership will be enjoyed beginning in January of the succeeding year.
The structure of dues in this table shows their relation to the regions served by SIP, the professional level of members and the membership period in which they are interested.
Everyone who during the year for which membership is being sought is enrolled in courses leading to a professional degree is considered to be a student. Such persons must include with their application for membership official evidence of registration or matriculation; also admitted as evidence would be a letter of certification from a school Director of Dean. A student identification card is not sufficient evidence, even though such cards might be included. Student membersships must be renewed annually.
|Región - Region - Região||Un (1) año - One (1) year - Anuidade 1 ano||Um (1) ano - Two (2) Years - Anuidade 2 anos|
|Estados Unidos / Canadá / Europa||$75.00 USD||$140.00 USD|
|Latinoamérica / Caribe||$50.00 USD||$95.00 USD|
|Membresía de 1 año|
Todas las Regiones
As part of your membership you will:
- Receive three issues per year of the Interamerican Journal of Psychology
- Obtain a discount for all Congresses, Regional and Biennial.
- Receive in electronic format the Bulletin of SIP
- Receive by e-mail From the Central Office, the official means of communication with the central office of announcements and convocations
- Have access to your membership account in a secure area by means of our internet portal. There you might make updates of your account, such as e-mail and postal addresses. You might also ask for membership certification to be received in digital format.
- Receive a membership card (for first membership)
- Have the opportunity to develop or participate in work groups in various areas of the discipline of psychology.
- Have the opportunity to represent your country as a National Representative or Delegate.
- Have voice and vote in the leadership of the organization which are debated every two years in the Membership Assembly every two years during the Interamerican Congress. The same is true for the process of the election of the Board of Directors (if you are an active member for the year of the elections).
- Have the opportunity to be recommended for one of the prizes awarded by the organization.
- If you are a student, you will have the opportunity to complete for the Student Prize which is awarded every two years and for the scholarship sponsored by the organization.